Heritages and Civilizations offers students an introduction to cultures in existence before the nineteenth century and the dynamics of continuity and change over a significant span of time. Upon completing a course in this category, students should be able to do at least three (3) of the following:
Learning Goals for HAC
- Demonstrate knowledge of key ideas and/or practices of these heritages, cultures or civilizations.
- Analyze processes of historical development and change in these heritages, cultures or civilizations.
- Apply fundamental terms and concepts of one or more scholarly approaches to heritages, cultures or civilizations dating from before the 19th century.
- Construct clear, coherent, and articulate interpretations of these heritages, cultures or civilizations.
- Make critical connections between these heritages, cultures or civilizations and the present.
View a sample syllabus for Heritages and Civilizations